Monday, June 22, 2020

134 days until the election (#4160)

     Nothing much going on in my head this morning except the status of my cat that went missing about 4 weeks ago. I was checking the lost and found at the local animal shelter again this morning and from what I can see from a picture it is real close to looking like my cat Betsy. The picture is fuzzy so trying to get a more precise detailed look is difficult but the general look is of her. They list her age at about 2 years which is what Betsy is but they didn't give the gender or note if she was spay or not. They also didn't say whether she had a chip which could likely rule this cat out since Betsy is chipped but I have heard things about chips moving around in the animals so it isn't for sure it isn't her.
     Yet with the trump disabling of our society no one is at the shelter this morning and it is closed to walk in visitors. But tomorrow it is open after noon and if they haven't responded to my email by then asking for further information I will go out and drive to their location and put eyeballs on this cat myself. What bothers me or has me unsettled is that I want to know and there is no one I can talk to about her if it is her. The cat could be a he and why they couldn't say in the information they released is another bothering aspect. But I will do what I have to in hopes that it is her and bring her back to her family. Where they found this cat was quite a ways away but given that I border the creek that comes from the area where the cat was found gives me hope also that she could have made her way there along the creek side.
     Anyway, hope for the best and expect the worst is my adopted mantra. I have thought several times about how Betsy must have met an unfortunate end because even though she was a feral kitty the first couple months of her life she always came home for her food and to sleep before venturing out on some adventure. A day at the most would she be gone and for her to be gone this long, 4 weeks, is not good. Yet she has a spirit about her and still has feral instincts so my best hope was she met up with a feral colony and joined in. I will find out soon enough here and hopefully tomorrow I will have some good news.

No comments: