Sunday, January 31, 2021

12 years ago... (#4383)

      This time 12 years ago I began my first daily blog post. I didn't know it would be my first daily blog post but after the second day my somewhat impulsive nature kicked in. After forgetting to post on my third day it hit me that posting daily was what I was going to do for the rest of my life if possible. I have missed 3 other days of posting but on all 4 I blogged 2 posts on the very next day. but overall it has been a daily routine like brushing my teeth in the morning or having a cup of coffee to start my day. I don't even think about doing it anymore it is just part of how I live. I don't always or probably rarely have anything of great importance to say but I do say whatever it is on my mind at that moment.
     Even this morning I was bouncing around a few topics to write about but nothing really came to the front of my mind. Then I realized the date today and like a lightbulb coming on I realized that 12 years ago today I started writing. I do love to write and as well let my mind flow out in real time about a variety of topics. Albeit politics has taken up much of my discussion. With the appointment of trump, politics had become an imperative for me as his cruel and brutish nature needed to be exposed everywhere. Well we are done for now with his disloyal antics and the time for just enjoying the fruits of life now instead of being worried trump would poison those fruits is upon us.
     This blog was about my perception that we are by nature a good and evolving species tying compassion and curiosity as our underlying motivations. Yet we have witnessed of late what the denial of those two magnificent traits within our species' behavior looks like and it stinks of rot and putrification. The philosophical and political nature of my premise about humanity relegates me to speak out when the worst of what we can become when we deny our true natures. But in contrast I also seek to speak out when the better and best of who we are is on display and that path is beginning to unfold. A new day in the life of our species is beginning and it is devoid of the devastation that we were able to rid ourselves of back in November.

No comments: