Thursday, December 2, 2021

(#4687) Still a hermit

      It has been my own personal nature to be alone as a rule since my early halcyon days of hippiedom and personal growth. I was out in the social construct of our society from the start of my life up until I grew weary of the effort to keep my life intact due to aging, survival instincts, and bad habits. Since then I have found that being alone, like a man who actually could live in a cave, is more who I have become. The excitement of learning about life has long worn off and to this day I am glad that my youth was spent on living hard and fast instead of slow and steady.
     I am all about slow and steady now that I have little choice in the matter. My bones and muscles ache from the wear and tear of being a "Joe Danger" kind of guy, First to try the physically difficult and last to leave the field of play and entertainment. That is how life should be lived in my view. A bit foolish and ready to experience while trying to hang on for the second act of life. The first act for me was an adventure to experience, the second act much less that and more sitting here alone at my computer console finding new ideas and ways of understanding.
     Two of my nephews stopped by late yesterday afternoon for a short visit on their way down the coast and their visit reminded me that I have had very few visits from anyone lately, largely due to Covid. Yet even without Covid I am not one who encourages anyone to visit for any reason. I am really becoming that hermit I identify with. With the Internet I am able to contact many and feel like I am still part of the world. Through my blog especially I get to write about how I view the world and what actions I think need to be taken to make our world better. The first act of my life was all about being with people, now this second act is all about being around as few people as possible.

No comments: