Saturday, December 25, 2021

(#4710) Just another day

      I know kids would say otherwise and so would many adults who like these types of things but for me I wish all days could be like this where we don't have to create a special day to treat each other better than all the other days. I am no bah humbug type but for myself I prefer to be a good person year round without having to have an impetus to do so. It is in my nature, which I had to discover about myself through several trials and situations in my life. The stereotype of having found myself is much more true than one would assume. Young people who set out early in their lives to "find" themselves are not wasting time, they are setting up the rest of their lives by experiencing it.
     I know that is how I came to be more myself. Yet even armed with that early knowledge I found a way to get sidetracked because my discipline was unprepared and lacking. So I had to struggle mightily for a time before I found my way back to just being me. There is room in my life for others and always will be but that group is growing smaller by the day. I have no wives, ex wives nor children in my life so the only ones who do try to maintain a relationship with me are the ones who have found themselves like minded and caring enough to try. I also do the same but not as much since my life is rather structured around home now with my animals and a desire to isolate more now than when I was younger.
     So today, although for most, a day of expectations and considerations is really just another day for me. I hope all days are special, especially since I am on the downward side of life, but even despite me the rest of the world needs a happiness about them that instructs and lifts their spirits about existing in this current realm. We shouldn't need a hoped for reality to bring out our best natures. But since we do have one of several we might as well try to evolve to being better people who don't place so much significance on ourselves to the diminution of others. The spirit of this holiday season helps to alleviate some of the drudgery of most all our other days but even then the holidays bring out depressive thoughts for many others because of the inequalities in our society.

No comments: