Wednesday, December 15, 2021

(#4700) Always make the good decision

      We don't always know the correct decision to make as we live our lives but if we make good decisions we end up at the end of our lives with fewer regrets and more happy memories. Life isn't always so cut and dry so we do make mistakes early in life that will trouble us later but how we move forward from those early mistakes define our character and establish our morality. Which is why we who are adults and seniors need to be good examples to those who are young and don't know about how much it matters to be a good person than not. Regret and remorse are powerful memories and keeping them to a minimum is our only goal.
     None of us is perfect so do not kick yourself for past mistakes. Just do better at every turn and when you are finally done at the end of your life you should be okay and of a psychologically sound and truthful mindset. Contrary to what our overloaded capitalistic society wants us to believe, wealth accumulation is not a salve for how you attain it. So be good and common sensical about how you live in our society and don't leave yourself scarred from the experience. I know that my own life has had opportunities to exploit but in my heart of hearts I couldn't do it because I am not a thief nor liar by how I define what my actions are.
     I have always had to struggle to live a somewhat normal life but I knew it would be that way because I am no carpetbagger nor conman who is looking to fleece whomever crosses my path. I would rather share what little I could afford to share than take from others. I have always seen myself as a strong man who could survive harsh and cruel situations. I have done so and for that am satisfied that I took care of myself and didn't harm others along the way. Being a good person is a lifelong endeavor and should never be set aside under any circumstance. I know I have wanted to mete justice in a personal way but I have held back and consoled myself that I have not become the worst of who I could have been.

No comments: