Wednesday, April 19, 2023

(#5190) I keep finding the good I want to live

      I know for a fact, unless you are a psychopath/sociopath, that you want to be a good person. But just wanting to be a good person isn't enough. You have to force yourself to stay away from things that would deviate you from the good in your life. The shiny tinkling objects that would be like the call of the sirens from children's fairy tales. You have to proactively seek out the good and then fit it into how you live. So that when your day is done you can look back and say that you have put another day of your life into the lived a good life column.
     The good is out there you just have to keep your focus on that on not be distracted by laziness or the allure of the not good. I have my purpose in life and it is what founds my every waking moment. Sure I am human and prone to making mistakes but those mistakes I make are not intentional. Instead they are from unsure and inaccurate knowledge. Once I see I have made a mistake I work hard to correct it. Going forward in life should be the goal of all of us but sometimes we need to go backward to make correct a wrong. Keeping mistakes to a minimum is always my goal because doing good and living in good is what I want.
     As I am in direct knowledge of having suffered through loss of family and friends I know there is little time left for those of us who have already lived a long life. Death comes for us all and when it does I don't want to feel that I wasn't alive doing what I felt was most important. Living one day of goodness after another. Now goodness takes several forms and recognizing that is essential to navigating the complexity of our society. Honesty, fairness, truth, caring, plus much more, are all part of being good. My mind and heart are on the same wavelength because both are integral to how I understand goodness. As long as I live that is how I will function.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! Maha