Saturday, April 22, 2023

(#5193) Always moving forward

      I think about my youth and how I looked at life. I could procrastinate at a lot of things just so I could do other less meaningful things. It is an absurd look back for me in many respects. Not all the time of course but enough of the time so as to remind me it actually happened. I wasn't alone either. We who grew up together in each other's vicinities knew full well that not doing what we needed to do when we could skate out of it was our normal. Of course we at that time in our lives had no idea that what we were skirting was more important than what we ended up doing instead.
     I was soon relieved of that thinking once I became more mature and realized that everything was in an order to make our lives less complicated and more efficient. There is no escaping society and what society needs from us to be part of it. Society has a contract we indirectly agree to if we want to live a life within it. So skating out of responsibilities, quickly negates many opportunities we hope to employ. Taking short cuts or not even doing anything I have found is not the answer to much I need. So it is with me for quite some time now and later in life much more so, to do all that demands my attention.
     For me it has been a process of slowly learning to slowly knowing that everything has its place and I need to be part of that everything. One step in front of the other no matter what the task or inconvenience as it were. Most of my moving forward lately is either not going backward or more clearly staying even. But that is okay since it is not like that all the time. I suppose the tougher cycle of living is having its way and I need to be there to endure it. I don't complain I just do. I don't know exactly why I care since I am at the latter years of my life but somehow I know it is important that I never give up. This is my life and I want to be at least in some constant control of it whenever I can regardless the event or responsibility.

No comments: