Wednesday, April 26, 2023

(#5197) Senitmental morning

      I am in a mood this morning. Somewhat deep mood of nostalgia and emotional remembrance. What triggered this was a few songs I listened to and posted this morning on my Facebook account. Music has always been like that for me. I hear a song from my past and all of a sudden I feel different inside with a perspective to match. One of the brilliant creations of our species is music. More than anything for me, now at my older age, are the memories the music invokes in me. I hear some melodic lyrics and then parts of my past life jump into the forefront of my mind. My memories are always in me but not always accessible. Music is the catalyst that brings my memories to life much more often than anything else.
     I still have other triggers that bring back memories but music by far brings out the most diverse memories I have. Stuff I hadn't thought about in any particularly important way suddenly become awe inspiring or regretful in profound ways. Which tells me that my memories are full of emotional ties to things that are deep and complex. I don't show my emotions often but I am not devoid of them. Few see how I feel like most of us do when we don't want to show ourselves as vulnerable. But we are all vulnerable and for me the music triggers those emotional memories. Just like this morning.
     My life is flying by and I am okay with how time is doing that to me. Yet when a trigger occurs and memories flood in I am also glad for that. I have lived a life that was/is full of compassion and curiosity so I have little to regret but what I do regret are the relationships I didn't foster with more care. I know nothing is simple and I trust my decision making for the most part but often my logic will override my heart and leave me a bit less happy. Such is my life and if that is my greatest regret then join the crowd Carl because more than not we are all pretty much guilty of that. Yet my life is mine and being hard on myself is my way of reminding myself I can be better at this life stuff.

No comments: