Tuesday, September 12, 2023

(#5336) New work opportunity

      Yesterday I moved from being a part time transfer driver with UHaul to a full time storage coordinator with UHaul. The duties are very different. As a transfer driver it was my responsibility to move vehicles and trailers from different lots and to move vehicles and trailers to the repair yard for preventive maintenance and more complex mechanical issues. As a storage coordinator I will be responsible for keeping the storage facility operational and clean. A glorified housekeeper of sorts. Yet it is really more than that. I only spent a day so far learning the responsibilities so I am just getting my feet wet before the big plunge as it were.
     The storage coordinator position is one as a face of the company and how well I represent UHaul will be contingent on how well I can keep the facility I am working in clean, functional, and welcoming. There are many possibilities for me to upgrade the look of the facility and I will be formulating those ideas as time goes on. I don't see myself working for many years to come but who knows and if I just keep waking up each day and doing the job the best I can who knows how long I may decide to keep working. I am only 68 so there are more years left in me for a forty hour week load.
     The main thing about this job that attracted it to me is the light duty aspect of it. Now the units are basically clean since it is an inside facility but there is a process for keeping these units clean and in a short time I will become an expert at it. Doing a good job in my duties is how I roll so I expect nothing less than a very clean facility with a modern look to it. Sales isn't my greatest asset but how this facility will appear to customers is a sales pitch in itself. People will enjoy a clean and safe environment with storing their desired belongings. I am happy to have this opportunity and look forward to making my contribution to our economic society.
     

No comments: