Friday, September 15, 2023

(#5339) We cannot ignore what is happening in Ukraine!

      Here I am in America doing my daily chores and pleasures without a missile dropping on my neighborhood. Here I am going to work without worrying if my life will be forfeit by an invading horde. Here I am making plans on my day off work to do the little necessary things that keep my life somewhat free from chaos and fear unlike in Ukraine where going to the store to do the weekly shopping cannot be a casual experience. Here I am interacting with my neighbors in normal ways whereas in Ukraine the neighbors are stricken with loss of life continuously. There is nothing normal about living a peaceful life in Ukraine unlike me here in the safety of our American shores.
     A monstrous invasion by its neighbor Russia and Russia's annexation of Ukrainian land and citizenry is abominable. Ukrainian children in Ukraine are being whisked away from Ukrainian parents on Ukrainian soil into deep parts of Russia to be indoctrinated as Russian. Nightly, Russia sends numerous missiles at Ukrainian cities and ports to indiscriminately attack Ukraine and its civilian population. Young and old civilian men, women, and children are not spared the war crimes scattershot approach to Russia's deviousness. There are no casual drives around the neighboring areas to take in the beauty of Ukrainian landscape because that landscape is pot marked and full of destruction.
     The youth of Ukraine are being made to slow down their education as difficulties in maintaining an orderly learning process is a struggle at best for many and impossible for many others. Young Ukrainian males and females are giving up their lives to fight for their right to democracy and the freedom to pursue their own destiny. The pride of Ukraine in its determination to stave off the yoke of tyranny from putin is glorious to me and I wish there was some way I could end the invasion of this remarkably noble people right this minute. Nothing about living and fighting in Ukraine is normal and we who support Ukraine must let others know that doing nothing to help Ukraine is not acceptable!

No comments: