Sunday, November 5, 2023

(#5390) It is Sunday so back to work

      I like to think that Sunday is a slow day at work for me but it isn't. Not a lot of activity out there in the streets but at the storage facility it seems that many people use Sunday to visit their storage units. So the hustle and bustle of a weekday is more than compensated for on a Sunday. I don't mind really since being busy is my favorite way to pass time at work. it seems that everyone pretty much has a question or a problem they need help with. I can also catch up on the units that need to be made ready for what we call 24-7. That is they can be rented online as well as in the store.
     I am the housekeeper there so keeping the place looking clean and welcoming is my task. I also need to do inventory on all the units to make sure they are in their proper category of being available, occupied or damaged for whatever reason. The damaged ones due to minor issues are easily rectified once the problem is identified. Such is the nature of a large storage facility. Anyway I am sure that after being off the last few days that my workload will be enough to keep me busy all day long. I am starting to get used to the 8 hour shifts although they do tend to be harder as I am older now. However the 40 hour workweek is still a work in progress for me as it seems the 2 days off a week are mostly for me to catch up on sleep.
     My home is suffering some work undone because of my limited time home now but I do try to get after the highest priority items on the to do list. I am hoping that after some time my stamina and strength will increase enough for me to stay even on my chores at home while doing a better than good job at work. I am not there yet but I sense I will be soon. I am full time now so days off for holidays are paid and that is good which gives me more time for stuff at home. Plus the extra money from the paycheck does make a difference in how I can hire some help for the pesky little problems I would rather someone else does for me at home. All told I don't mind my new working reality although I don't see it lasting too far into the future. Such is my state of mind this morning.

No comments: