Thursday, November 9, 2023

(#5394) In reverse again and that is a surprise

      I had all but mentally checked out of my position at the storage unit when the unexpected happened. My supervisor asked me to come to his office and I was expecting him to let me go on the spot so I was getting my keys ready to turn in when he started telling me that he had no idea that the communication between us was so broken. He wholeheartedly apologized to me and then told me that the last thing he wanted was for me to leave my position. He congratulated me on doing a wonderful job and that he would be more than happy if I would change my mind and stay.
     His honesty in being so forthcoming and sincere was not at all what I expected and it took me aback. I had already convinced myself that he was looking in another direction for who he wanted in my position. But apparently his apparent lack of interest in what I was doing was not for the desire to remove me but that he was just oblivious to what was happening between us. Again he reiterated the broken communication and that as the leader of our enterprise he was not happy with himself for not being aware. I know he has many duties and is always busy trying to make the operations around him successful and for him to admit he was clueless as to what was going on with me was quite a humbling admission.
     So taking everything into consideration and with an optimistic view toward how storage can improve with me receiving more help and assistance I decided that it was enough for him to clear the air and make a new attempt at keeping us moving forward with a goal of making this storage facility a well organized and successful endeavor. So I told him that I would stay. I would not have thought this would reverse itself since I had clearly already had one metaphorical foot out the door. I actually slept well last night for the first time in many weeks and I attribute that to the burgeoning optimism I am now feeling about how this experience turned out.

No comments: