Sunday, June 23, 2019

I know who I am and I am a good person (#3796)

     Still searching for your inner self? Well when you find yourself and are not ashamed of who you are then you can really begin to live your life like happy person. Even in our national Declaration of Independence, the pursuit of happiness is given a prominent role. This much I know. I was like a lost man in my early age after I became an adult and it reflected in the many bad decisions I made. Yet even in my foggy state I kept enough of myself about to keep myself from going beyond what my inner self was telling me. Fortunately I survived my confusion through luck and an inner moral compass that was working even though I couldn't understand it.
     Eventually I found myself and realized that what was best about me was that I had a good soul and was sensitive to life around me. I care about life and seek to understand all my surroundings. I care and I wonder. this is the essence of me. So breaking through all the external barriers of peer pressure and acceptable tradition, I make my own way in the world without the need for religion or any ones by your leave. My inner self is a treasure worth keeping and defending and as such I will always know that who and what I am is a value to the world and no amount of condescension from anyone will ever change that.
     I do not struggle with the temptations of hatred and cruelty. They are abhorrent to me as any denigration that exists. I respect life in all its forms so for me to be any less than what I expect from myself would and could not happen. My life is my own and I am the commander of it. No one steers the course for me I am in charge of my direction and my decisions with full competency in them. I know who I am and it is a good dynamic that others who know me can attest. I may have been under that thick cloud of confusion for an early portion of my life but that part of me is long ago gone. I have lived two lives, the first I stumbled and learned through, and the second that has hearty steps of confidence wherever I go.

No comments: