Sunday, June 16, 2019

My animal children (#3789)

     Today is fathers day and as such I want to thank my father for being in my life as well as my little animal children for doing the same. I never did have any children of my own but I have had my little animal children and to them I am their daddy. It is amazing to me just how much of a bond I have with my charges and their bond with me. Seems I can't go anywhere in this house or the yard without one two or all three of them trailing behind or out front. I had four but I lost my little young cat Artie to some kind of poisoning from the neighbors yard as his little doggie died as well. No intent just something bad that happened to both our little animals.
     Anyway, I have my three and they are such a comfort to me. I have to tend to their upkeep everyday but it seems like nothing at all in the scheme of things. I care for them like they are precious so their value to me is immeasurable. That typifies what it is to be responsible for the lives that depend on us whether we are a father or mother. More than anything it exemplifies our nature to nurture not only for our own species but for all other species we bond with. The human experience is the most remarkable feature in the whole of the Universe. Surely there are grander events but none that reaches into the depth of what anything else experiences.
     So today we will live our lives like any other day which is the greatest tribute to what a father can be. The rock steady event of being there regardless of chaos or peace. I won't think another thought today about my own life but I will talk to my dad and wish him a happy day for all he has and still does for me. so when I get fresh water out or pet my little children it will be with the same love today as it is every day. We may celebrate a father's day every year but I have something even more glorious, I get to live fathers day every day of my life.

No comments: