Sunday, April 26, 2020

A time for all seasons (#4103)

     I found a way to repair my mistakes. I apologize for them, analyze why I was wrong and then adjust my thoughts and behavior. Real simple because I learned long ago that being correct about things is better than being wrong and denying it. I am a most humble man because I have made my fair share of mistakes. I am no perfect soul or all knowing human being. I am imperfect although a well meaning imperfect person. So when I am wrong I admit it, sometimes hesitantly, yet still I do admit it. Eating my won words can be difficult especially when I think others are judging me but regardless I must move on from my mistakes otherwise I fester and simmer in angst and selfishness.
     What is left of my ego has the scars of it's failings to remind me of the necessity to never allow it to dominate my entity. Sometimes I forget that the world is full of information that I have yet to even imagine so keeping my ego in check is a priority. I like to think I know a little and that is fine. When I get to the point though where my mouth runs past my knowledge is where I find the ground beneath me slipping and falling. I know the pathway to incorrectness and it is not one I willingly take. I would rather be schooled by a child than to misinform anyone if every time the truth has it's way.
     My own mortality is a factor in what I am living for in the sense that time is finite and getting to the truth of things is an all encompassing destination for me. I am human therefore an incomplete entity that although capable of good and great things often find that my humanness keeps me from the pure logic I love and cherish. Because the emotion of my life has a greater say in who I am sometimes than any logical thought. I would not have either my emotion nor my logic taken from me but I do have to find that balance where both coexist in the best form possible. A time for all seasons is a paradigm that describes the cycle of how I was born, live, and die. Will I be strong and the best me who I discovered is inside me or will I weaken and let my own inner insecurities define my existence?

No comments: