Sunday, April 12, 2020

There is no god but enjoy your easter (#4089)

     It is a tradition I suppose whether you believe in god or not to celebrate easter. The giving of candy and coloring of eggs are ingrained in us despite the fact that no god exists. How can I say that about no god existing? Real easy for me, because there is no evidence. I am the kind of guy who cherishes reality over myths. Still though many will take offence with me and call me outlandish for not believing in the fairy tale. Okay, I accept the criticism but I do consider the source as well. Far be it from me to upset the idea that heaven is waiting for all good christians.
     I, in my hopes and dreams wish you all the fortune of having an eternal afterlife. For me though I just want to be successful with realty; with all my efforts in life here with the facts and truths. What happens afterwards will not matter to me when my body is gone and my soul extinguishes with it. Actually if you research these religious holidays you will find that they have their roots in pagan rituals so although today they seem to be legitimate there was a time when they didn't exist and some other form of gratitude was offered.
     However, the time today is passed with some wishful harmonic synchronicity toward a hoped for outcome that is decidedly ambiguous. I am a spiritual person but even I don't pretend to accept the impossible when the probable is available, an Occam's Razor if you will. I know it is hard to read this today if you are a believer but then again I put up with all the mysticism of fairy tales on a never ending loop. It is unfortunate that we the human species cannot find it within ourselves to accept our fate of being amazing and exceptional without the crutch of doubt. There are those of us who can survive without doubt, who have moved beyond the allegoric cave, and in the final analysis we are the ones who will carry our species forward into a more enlightened destiny.

No comments: