Monday, April 27, 2020

No procrastinating (#4104)

     With the stay at home order still in force I am finding it difficult to keep from staying out ahead of my house chores. There is really no reason why I shouldn't be getting many things done that could stand some attention. I should probably wait until the middle of the week before I mow the yard again but I find the allure to do it today overwhelming. Mainly I suppose is because there are some weedy type growths with fox tails and little spirally sticker things high enough to interfere with my animals health. Keeping the animals healthy is only work for me so no excuses rise to the occasion.
     So in a bit it will be me going outside and mowing and sweeping the yard with my new yard sweeping tool that hooks up to my riding lawn mower. What I can't get with the riding mower I have my walk behind bag mower to get the edges out of reach for the big mower. With this older house there are plenty of opportunities to improve upon but the cost of materials is a major factor. I have to do most of the work myself as I don't have an income to support my many remodeling desires. Yet I am a former construction person with a ton of experience so if I just take it easy and slowing work toward a project completion I and my health remain intact.
     As to the yard mowing though it will take it out of me pushing the push mower. I don't have the pull feature on that tool attached to I don't have that ease of operation option. Yet I do have the yard shaped up pretty well so my push mowing will at least be efficiently used. I still have gas powered mowers and weed eater so the price of keeping gas around as we all know is much cheaper these days. I will be transferring over to more green energy products as soon as I can afford them. But in the meantime I have what I have and for that I am grateful. My arms are already starting to feel weakened just with the thought of doing the mowing this morning but that's okay, no pain no gain. :)

No comments: