Tuesday, May 2, 2023

(#5203) The conversations in my head are starting to leak out into my voice

      No doubt we all have some kind of running commentary in our heads. For the most part they are just unspoken observations about what is going on around us. Well I absolutely have those kinds of conversations going on but now I am finding that when I am alone they are coming out as spoken words. So no more am I seeming to be talking to myself but I am actually doing so. I have recently caught myself talking out loud about stuff that was only going on in my head. Which by the way is where these types of conversations need to remain.
     Because the thinking in my head is often rough and not refined. So if anyone else may hear my inner thoughts now outer thoughts then I would probably need to explain away the at times uncivil colloquy with myself that is lacking moderation. It is an area in my life where I need to put more effort into the initial catalyst that stokes my musings. In other words I had better treat my inner tongue the rules of proper conversation. I kind of laugh at that last sentence because my inner thoughts don't wait around for me to edit them properly. So it is with me and I know after hearing myself out loud in what I always assume is in a private conversation that I need to upgrade my grammatical context.
     I am at an age now where it wouldn't be a surprise to many that my outer babblings were considered course and trite. I don't want to be that guy who disabuses the spoken word because I didn't teach myself rules of etiquette and positivity when I still can. It is one thing to be a good public speaker always looking to modify language to fit circumstances in the best of light but it is another if that same person is heard talking to what he thinks is himself and does not apply the same courteous protocol. Getting my head together may be late in my life but at least I have a good intent to do it and regardless of age always find ways to learn and evolve.

No comments: