Sunday, May 7, 2023

(#5208) Everyone is a leader

      I have thought about this for some time. The old thought about some are leaders and most are followers is a false consideration. To me all are leaders. Some are leaders in ways that inspire and motivate the many of us and true there are not a lot of those but for the most part many of us are leaders in ways that affect less of us and that is good as well. Whether a national leader or a local or even a leader of 1 or 2. We all lead with our convictions and knowledge. Now some of us are not good leaders since they don't understand that leading is a virtue not a method for enrichment or power.
     But most of us are good people and lead as we are able. I think of myself as a leader in a small way because what I feel inside is to help where I can. But others are gifted with great notions of right and good with the wherewithal to bring those effects to the many of us. Our society allows us under democracy to be able to bring the goodness within us to fruition. This is but one of many reasons why I fight so hard to preserve our democracy. We as individuals have a chance to fulfill our dreams and hopes with desire and merit. If we work hard at our purposes in life we may see the results we aim toward for us collectively.
     I am not a follower as such to give my free will over to anyone. However when I am inspired by someone or some thing I am readily able to incorporate that conceptualization as something of value. Worthy of folding it into my own concepts of right and good. I allow others to help shape my meager understandings when those new understandings stand on the same bedrock of honor and noble intent. But what I do with those understandings after processing them is on me like it is one everyone else. So what we do with what we know makes us a leader whether in big ways or small, leaders nonetheless.

No comments: