Monday, May 22, 2023

(#5223) Good vibes today

      My last day as a part time transfer driver for U-Haul has got me feeling a bit nostalgic. Even though I have only been a transfer driver for 2 1/2 months. Yet I still feel a sense of loss as my last day gets ready to start. Tomorrow I will officially become a parts department employee and a new chapter in my life will start at the beginning again. When I was growing up my 2 older brothers were more into motors and cars while I was into sports. So me going into a full time job as an automotive parts guy is kind of laughable. Yet life is a funny little thing when we recognize it's humor. The thing is though I was also somewhat a brainiac as well. I liked academics and didn't do too badly for my efforts.
     So learning new things is kind of second nature to me. Whether philosophical thought or parts inventory, I am ready to accept and meet the challenge. What is great about the parts job is that it is full time and allows me a raise in pay from the part time transfer driver position. As well full benefits will kick in which includes from what I hear a really good healthcare package. Especially dental which at my age will prove useful. With republicans threatening to cut off our social security starting in about 10 days, the timing of my new job may be a life saver for me. I wish no one would lose their social security to republican ideology but people keep voting for them to their own detriment. Those who don't vote for republicans, you have my deepest sympathy.
     My best guess is that we democrats will find some way to thwart the republican idiocy and cruelty to over 66 million social security recipients. Joe Biden will not tolerate the childish attempts by republicans who only know how to throw tantrums and harm into the path of the American people. As to my day today and tomorrow I will post about both over the next few days to help shine a light on my path as an older man returning to the workforce where the young are good at what they do. I always begin new work by treating everyone as my boss with respect and trust. What happens after that is up to them but with this group of guys who I have already met and had a secondary working relationship with, smooth sailing is my expectation.

No comments: