Sunday, May 21, 2023

(#5222) There is my morning and then there are the brutish republicans

      First off I got up later than usual as a treat to myself but then instantly got into my many chores. Almost 4 hours later I am finally done for today. It is still only later morning so a lot of restful time ahead before the early Monday morning work start. Regardless the work I got done today it makes me feel good that I am not procrastinating those things I could easily procrastinate. The fewer things I have left on my mental notebook for doing the better my mind is at rest. Because if I was resting and still had things to do that I didn't I would suffer from a bit of guilt and that would make my rest uneasy. So it is better to get things done and then rest a peaceful rest.
     We are 10 days from defaulting on our national debt because republicans in the House like playing hostage taking. Although a lot of the current debt is from the trump tax cuts for the wealthy the republicans insist on not paying for them. Instead they would rather the 66 million or so of us who collect our social security every month not receive any starting in June. So think about that for a minute. 66 million folks not receiving any money in 10 days will cause most of us to begin losing housing, jobs, energy needs, food, clothing, and many more such basic items. Most bills are paid on the 1st of the month but in June way too many millions of folks will not be able to pay those bills.
     Somehow republicans think that alienating 66 million people who are all most certainly voters is a good idea. The only people who don't want to pay our national debts according to the process of the debt ceiling law are the republicans. But like all republicans they will somehow try to blame democrats for the economic calamity they themselves are trying to create regardless of the suffering it will cause. Like the rest of us don't see them holding the debt ceiling hostage so that they can hurt ordinary Americans. It kind of makes sense if you think about it. The republican party is all in for the wealthy so them hurting the poorer folks is inconsequential to them. We democrats will likely find a way to circumvent the republican plan to withhold social security to the rest of us but let it be known that the republican party is a party of vindictive cruel assholes!

No comments: