Sunday, May 28, 2023

(#5229) An uncomfortable truth to white people, there is no reverse discrimination against whites!

      I hear this enough for me to put it to rest. There is no reverse discrimination that some whites like to claim. Instead there is silence from too many whites about the role our white ancestors had in enslaving an African race of people here in America for over 400 years. Or the decimation of the indigenous people who lived in America for thousands of years before we white and a few brown European's brutally colonized. The term "manifest destiny" is often used as a rallying cry by we whites whenever we want to accomplish something that has at its base brutality and rule. These are facts that are the truth of white history. We whites descendants need to man up and express our remorse and willingness to try to make the ancestors of those enslaved and brutalized somewhat whole.
     We whites do that when we accept the role our ancestors played as truth and then apologize with humility and remorse. After that we need to ensure that our black and brown brothers and sisters are fully integrated into our system of equality and opportunity. We whites have not totally done that yet so there is a lot of distrust and anger at whites who think they do not owe anyone anything. Thus what whites are experiencing is the effect from a lack of care on their part. It isn't a reverse discrimination it is just due for their lack of recognizing the role their forefathers and mothers played in denying black and brown's the rights as free human beings. I have not felt any anger or distrust in my dealings with those who were affected by racism and brutality. Because I feel true remorse and want to help those who would allow me that privilege.
     Yes, it is a privilege for me to offer help as a white man to those who were downtrodden by my ancestors. I owe because of what my ancestors did and I will never stop owing during my lifetime to repay as best I can. Our ancestors stole from those who they harmed and I have indirectly benefited from that theft. So I will always back policies that work to undue that harm by making a pathway that allows them to escape the devastation that cruelty and hatred had in determining their fates. All we whites have to do is man up and admit our ancestors faults and then make it right as best as we can. We won't be able to erase the devastating facts but we can continue to correct them going forward so that not only do we not do as our ancestors did but make sure that the solution to that horrible era has an abundance of equity to it that addresses the harm many centuries of abuse has caused our black and brown family.

No comments: