Saturday, May 27, 2023

(#5228) So far, where there is a will there is a way

      If you want it bad enough and are willing to do what needs to be done then most often you will find yourself getting what you wanted. Now some things like personal desires are not likely to happen regardless of how badly you want it but the things that you control are achievable if you are relentless in your pursuit. You don't really know what you can achieve until you put your full focus on getting it. I have failed at things that really mattered to me, not because I didn't give it my all. Some things are not meant to be no matter how hard we try but those are not the rule, they are the exception. Life is like that, some things are easily obtained and some are not attainable at all.
     All I know for sure is that by not trying my best I will not likely receive my hoped for outcome. If I give it my all then I have a chance and that is all I expect. If I don't try and then lament that I didn't get what I wanted then shame on me for thinking I am privileged or I deserve. Because I am none of those things, privileged nor deserving. I am just a single simple human being who wants some things in life that I know I can get if I try my best and don't quit. Recently I wanted to go back to full time work but I wasn't sure my body and mind was up to it. Well given an opportunity to work full time has shown me that I can do it and still be good physically and mentally.
     I have never been one who wishes for the best things in life unless they are things I already control. I just want to get by in this life with a modicum of ease and peace. I don't need to "keep up with the Jones's" I don't need to have bigger and better things than those around me. I just need to have a little bit of comfort and safety that does not extend into any else's domain. My own little piece of the pie as it were. My goals are simple goals also. I don't have time for the long run goals I should have set back when I was much younger but that's okay. My goals now are short term goals that have little to do with anyone else. Like pushing myself into a higher plane of existence both physically and mentally. Testing the limits of my aged self against what was once my younger self.

No comments: