Tuesday, August 1, 2023

(#5294) Keeping on the good foot

      The title is a slang term from my youth. Keeping on the good foot is an analogy for doing the correct and intelligent things that come into my life. Or staying in or maintaining a positive lifestyle. Get on the good foot is also something used to negate having started on the bad foot. Change to the better in that circumstance. Either way being on the good foot is always preferable. I bring this up because before my video visit with my doctor this morning the nurse asked me about my mental health. It wasn't just a casual question either. She asked several different varieties of questions about bullying, elder I assume, and other types of acts or thoughts that may be coming into my life.
     I, in my life, said of course nothing of the nature is happening in my life since in my mind I am the master of all things me. Yet the questions did trigger my imagination about why the priority of those questions were being asked. I can only conclude that people in their lives, family members and close associates, are being affected by those who would do them less than good for whatever reason. It makes sense thinking about how some in our nation are so disoriented about what their own roles in life are and spend way too much time trying to control the lives of others instead. As a trend I can reasonably conclude that the questions asked of me were not just rare in occurrence but more real than I had previously thought.
     I am a hard man in the ways of truth, facts, science, etcetera. I do not tolerate fools or willful ignorance. Regardless if related by blood or friendship I will discard any relationship that is contrary to reality. I suppose it is my way of keeping the illogical and brutish out of my life so that there are no mental health problems being perpetrated on me. I keep my own set of principles around me at all times. I am of the school that we are all just people who care and wonder so anything outside of those two instincts is not worthy of time and space in what is left of my life. I had to put up with less than intelligent and caring souls as I grew up but now I am the captain of my life and there is no time for those who would drop anchor and hold me back.

No comments: