Saturday, August 12, 2023

(#5305) My will never changes but my body does

      I know this is no surprise to a lot of people who are living in this reality but it has to be said. Our bodies are changing into the older forms of whom we were but our inner desires and determinations do not age. Sure we get tired more often and our vigor to push through is affected by our physical abilities but we are still the young vibrant inner souls we started out as. Which is the tragedy in a lot of respects. We are used to how we are as our individual selves but our bodies have not kept pace. So we must modify our strivings to fit into what our bodies will allow.
     My current problem is that I think I can do things out ahead in my head and then when I do complete them I am utterly exhausted when those things are of any normal for me time duration. My durations for doing things must be modified or I will not end well. I know that but my mind and soul are not on board. We humans are a very complicated species which gives me much hope that we will be able to survive any circumstance including our own possible destruction. We are able to adapt when adapting is against the fiber of our existence. We are not the only species that can adapt to survive but none other have our physical nor mental advancement.
     Much of my life's experiences have been learned from trial and error of my own or observing others. So it is with understanding my own limitations. I will eventually come around to the fact that my abilities are not what they were and instead are but a lesser portion of what they were. However it is mornings like this when I have awoken from the previous day that tested my endurance and found me wanting. I completed my goal but at what cost? I suppose it is my way of fighting back against the ravages of time on the hubris of my youth even if the effort is illogical. Like I said though, we are an amazing species and even in our less than stellar illogical attempts we can glean "a learning" from it.

No comments: