Wednesday, August 23, 2023

(#5316) One foot in front of the other

      A lot of stuff happening in my life yet I am not overwhelmed by it. Because I keep in mind that others have much more going in in their lives and it is much more intense and difficult. Yet my own problems in life are not Cadillac problems. My brother John is waning and the knowledge of his condition does not abate the sorrow that is building up in me. Had I not been so close to what is happening to him maybe I wouldn't feel the enormity of his life and death struggle, yet that is not my position.
     As each day continues to flow by I find that I am slowing down in my own life. I see myself reflecting on a lot of the past and how I lived it. Not that I would or could change it but in how I lived and the choices that came with it. I don't like spending too much time reflecting on things that are in the past so this reflecting time is not something that is desired. When I am in the present I choose my path and live with it. I cannot live in the "what if" realm I can only accept my fate and keep looking to the next present moment. My future will be the culmination of my decisions in real time so hopefully at this age I have mastered my path and stay upon it.
     As problems go I have a few but I am also grateful for the good that has been given to me. I try to create an atmosphere of welcoming and respect in my living life so that there is no doubt as to my inner happiness. Even though my inner happiness is tried it is still true. Like getting up out of bed early on a Wednesday morning, it is just feet hit the floor and put on foot in front of the other. life goes on no matter our problems and our ability to handle them. I get another day in existence to make my world and the larger world a little bit better and that in itself is enough to invigorate me to challenge my day with hope.

No comments: