Monday, August 28, 2023

(#5321) The false sense of safety with religion

      If I just believe I can eventually go to heaven and live forever in a beautiful place. If I just believe I can escape the ravages of hell for those who don't believe. If I just believe... I have heard all the promises of what believing will bring. If I just believe. Well I don't believe so there goes all that wishful thinking. The reason being is that religion requires us to suspend our logic and common sense and accept what we non believers see as the impossible. Impossible because there is not one bit of proof to support religion and all that it claims. I am not one to be afraid of having been born and living a life.
     I accept that I don't know what this existence is all about. But I accept it as real. Nothing about believing in religion is real, so why would I? If I am going to make something up to believe in I certainly wouldn't choose what are the options for religions out there now. I am not trying to be a contrarian here but in this case about believing in a religion I am just flabbergasted at how many people are willing to suspend reality in order to be in a fantasy. I know life is hard and there are too many problems always afflicting us but quitting on them and remaking reality into something that is absurd is beyond the bounds of normalcy.
     I am a spiritual man about our existence. Something as awesome as our Universe is not to be dismissed as random, however to believe that some magical omnipotent figure is the architect of it all is not my reckoning. My spiritualism is that we are all connected to a thread or vibration in time and this iteration of it is what we are discovering. What that leads to is not known to me but regardless it is what can be observed and understood at least in simple form. Creating another reality out of it is just illogical and unhelpful. We exist and then we don't. Given what knowledge we have and what knowledge we are concluding, this existence is bare bones and no amount of wishful thinking is going to change our reality. Only our ability to discover will bring the truth of it all out in the end if we are lucky to survive our fears.

No comments: