Monday, August 7, 2023

(#5300) 5,300 and 250,000

      Today mark's my 5,300 post and also marks the 250,000 dead Russian soldiers in Ukraine. Milestones are important in life as they often remind us of accomplishments or sorrows. The 5,300th post is one of a lot of posts. Especially daily because it is over nearly a 15 year span. Each day I have tried to post about something that has caught my imagination and hopefully yours as well. I still post for myself in order to tell the Universe what is going on between my ears and in my heart and soul. A record if you will of the fact that I exist and one for hopefully offering information that may be useful to others.
     As to the 250,000 and more of dead Russian soldiers in Ukraine that in itself is a horror that is beyond anything I expected except that it actually is happening in real time. Early on in this monstrous invasion by putin I kept saying that the Russian people would not stand for the numbers being killed in Ukraine for their tyrant leader putin. Well I have been absolutely proven wrong on that score. Not only are the Russians still funneling their young men to a certain death in the 18th month of this perfidious invasion they are not uprising to stop the madman putin and his kremlin boot lickers. So more than 250,000 dead Russian soldiers will not be the final tally when this is all said and done.
     In January of 2009 when I first started my blog President Obama was in office for his 11th day. Today President Biden is carrying on the legacy of President Obama and exceeding it. The four lost years with trump were a difficult time for all of us but they are behind us now. In February 2022 Russia had fewer than 250,000 troops stationed at the Ukrainian border. So not only has that total been wiped out but many more as well. In the intervening time from the start of the horrendous invasion Russia has actually lost more ground in Ukraine than what they started out with. As each new day arrives the Russians lose even more. Two different milestones at two different ends of the spectrum.

No comments: