Tuesday, August 29, 2023

(#5322) If we know who we are we know who we will be

      This blog was created as a way for me to describe our human nature. I am a social and political person who was confused about how I was reacting in my life. It dawned upon me one day after reading many of the great western philosophers of our species and how they interpreted our natures. From what I gleaned from all of them is this, we care and we wonder. Pretty simple after all the words are simplified to give a concise definition. So then I thought, well why do people express such awful behavior and ideas? Again, simple answer, it is because they have denied their care and wonder in order to do less honorable things.
     I don't think many could argue that when care and wonder are being suppressed some pretty awful traits would emerge. So in denying our natural instincts of care and wonder we open ourselves up to the worst of what humanity would allow. We are seeing that in our world today and if you are not sure just look at all the people searching for solutions to what they perceive as bad behavior. We won't find it in being in a cult or through religious affiliation, we only find it within ourselves. When we finally try to honestly argue against our true natures of care and wonder we will find that the argument is impossible to overcome.
     We are who we are and the human being species is one where care and wonder dominate our instincts. I embrace what it is to be human and every day my blog posts reflect that. I do not cower to any threat to my nature yet I am well positioned to reflect back my nurturing care and inquiring wonder. I have compassion for all things and I am curious about all things. It is who I am and I would fight to the death to preserve who I am. There is nothing ignoble in living in reality with the determination to preserve our most sacred species. Because despite the struggle many seem to be fighting, the truth of things will triumph. It may take a few wrong turns on the path of life but in the end our species will bend toward who we are with strength and endurance.

No comments: