Thursday, August 10, 2023

(#5303) Today's activities

      Let me first start by saying that today has been trying even though it was a low key day at the start. A family member has been causing a stir about John's behavior at the care facility even though this family member has been mostly out of touch for most of John's care since the stroke. But regardless the family member has been stirring up others with a barrage of accusations and unkind comments. I am a tough old bird so no amount of stupid is going to bother me but having to field questions from those this person contacted has eaten up much of my day.
     I saw John yesterday and also this morning after my own doctor appointments concerning my health. From my observations and previous recommendations for John to be looked at for his overwhelming anxiety symptoms I have come to the conclusion that the amount of the new drug that was prescribed to John two days ago was too much. So with prodding on my part the doctor has just lowered John's new medication by half. This should allow John some more cognitive time between rest. He was lethargic and often in a daze the last two times I visited him. I will see him again tomorrow after work to see if the medicinal adjustment was enough.
     This family member has no idea what those of us who are actually doing the day to day care for John have observed and experienced first hand. So instead of answering this person's attack filled messages I just ignore them. I am John's legal and medical guardian and as such do all I can for the sake of John and will not be ambushed by someone who thinks they know more without all the facts. Which is why it has taken me so long to get this blog post out. But here it is and although it isn't really informative much it is up to date like I have been about John's care. Some people need to get their own lives together before spilling their ignorance and venom out onto others.

No comments: