Thursday, August 17, 2023

(#5310) The music I listen to when I may

      I was of the Beatle generation when it comes to music. In the early to mid sixties I started to hear the kind of music that made my soul soar. The rock and roll era epitomized by the musicians and bands at Woodstock is the best way for me to describe my kind of music. Yet, even Woodstock is not inclusive enough. Yes, even a song or two from the Jackson Five to heavy dark metal of Black Sabbath. With just about everything in between. Motown to Led Zeppelin in my generation was something to behold. Fast forward to this morning I found myself listening to the Stones so as to hear Keith Richards guitar work on Gimme Shelter.
     It is not surprising to me anyway that each generation has their style of music that makes their souls soar. I respect and honor that. No one has to like my favorite music because for me it birthed in real time and can never be unheard from that time. I have many memories of so many times that particular music from my life has dominated my time and space. Entertainment is not easily accomplished but for me so many songs from my generation do exactly that for me. I feel the vibrations of those songs and they resonate within my whole being. I would talk about how vibrations are the essence of life in many ways but for now I will hold off. Because the effect of those vibrations, sound in my ears, is what enthralls me today.
     When I am driving I will not listen to music because I spend a lot of time paying attention to the road and as well thinking about all of life and my life in particular. But at other times like when I am up early in the morning during my computer time I try to string together some of my favorite songs and even post them to Facebook as I am listening to them on YouTube. Today marks the last day, August 17th, 54 years ago of Woodstock's music at Max Yasgur's farm. More than a half of a century has passed yet to me that festival of rebellion and coming together is like it was just yesterday. We move on from our previous days because that is what we do but some things will never leave us like in this case the music of our generation that put wings to our souls.

No comments: