Sunday, February 25, 2018

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! (#3313)

     The republican party had a chance many decades ago to right the wrongs of nixon but they choose instead to follow the ruthless path nixon and his cronies established. I tried to give tricky dick a chance but he just kept blowing it in order to favor stealing power and lying his ass off. So it was then that I made my mind up that the republican party had turned from an alternative party that I disagreed with to a divisive party that only wanted to be in charge so that they could force us to accept their survival of the fittest anti democracy agenda. They had their one chance to bring me back into at least giving them some due consideration but they choose not to go that route. So Instead of me stubbornly trying to give them the benefit of the doubt I chose the correct path of never believing anything they said because they only had one vision for our future and it didn't include those of us in the working middle poor class.
     I didn't give them a chance to fool me twice but I have seen that they would have if I had. Not only that they would have tried to fool me a million times because their agenda to destroy our American society that promotes equality, fairness and justice has not changed. Now I sit back these many decades later and see the same old tricks being used that they used when I was growing up. They take what is the truth and distort it. They take what is the truth and trumpet it as a lie. They take the truth and in every way possible bend it to make it appear that they are only ones capable of being our leaders. Each of us has to decide how much we will take before we call bullshit on them. Mine was back when I was a teenager, when did or when will you do the same?
     What is encouraging at this particular time in our history is the galvanization of our teenagers who have had enough of republicans and their lack of action to stop the massacres that are happening in our schools, nightclubs/concerts, houses of worship and playgrounds. it is as if they have decided much like I did that the future isn't going to change unless they stop listening to republicans spin the truth of things into falsehoods and start taking control of their narrative before the republicans do. I am getting on in age since my youth so the although the fire burns deep within me to fight against the republican agenda I know that a new generation of warriors is going to be needed to fill the disinterested void that has been allowed to form since those many generations ago. I have more hope now that the time for change from republican rule is about to happen and it cannot come a second sooner!

No comments: