Tuesday, March 17, 2020

At the store first thing this early morning (#4063)

     To my utter non astonishment, half the shelves were empty. the store had just opened and there were employees working but the shelves were half empty. I asked an assistant manager when might there be more choice and she told me that their next delivery wouldn't be until later this morning before noon. So I obviously went to the store at the wrong time. But I wanted to beat any heavier traffic I told myself. Well fighting in some traffic is now what I have to do to have any shot at getting some items I can't get early in the morning.
     There is nothing that I need that is severe but I am getting close to being out of some essential items. Nonetheless I am sure I am not the only one. There really is a minuscule amount comfort in a shared misery once in a while. Yet we need what we need and I do wish some people would quit hoarding like this is the end times. It isn't, it is just a bad situation that is now being addressed by caring people, unlike our federal government's current administration. By the way, asshole trump still doesn't have an emergency plan for how to best cope with the fallout of his ineptitude in dealing immediately with the first contact with this Covid-19 virus.
     However badly trump and his idiot collaborators are at addressing our national needs our state governors are doing a much better job. We are getting good advice as to how to behave and where to stay away from as the virus travels it's path of least resistance. As each day goes by we are getting closer to having the testing, the equipment and eventually a cure for dealing with this latest pandemic. I don't know if I will be one of the lucky ones to survive this abject lesson in failure the trump administration has thrust upon us but if I do I will do all I can to help those who are not as fortunate as I, unlike the cruel and brutish trump administration.

No comments: