Saturday, March 14, 2020

Watching trump lie (#4060)

     I always do it on delay since I will never watch him live or listen to him talk. His voice makes me ill. But when I see he has been quoted as saying something I already know is a lie I can't help but think of all the times he lies and lies and lies. It is a carousel of fantasy, yet his approval rating among his cult followers never seems to waiver. I do expect though that he will take a hit this time over the Covid-19 debacle. He may not lose many supporters among the Wall Street crowd but he will have lost a few. My head hurts just thinking about his inability to tell the truth, and get this, even when it could help him. But that is just who he is, an addicted liar.
     Liars anonymous might be able to help him but the odds are long and hard against it. He has within himself a ingrained sense of protecting himself at all costs that he could never change. So for those who are still captured by his cult personality and will not even discuss his falsity there is no hope as well. I am not one to say there is no hope unless I have discovered that no matter what, hope is not going to work. Some just have to follow their destiny regardless if they are illogical. I mean come on, try and explain logic to someone who will not allow themselves to comprehend it.
     So in the end the lies of trump will bury him in quicksand because the slow pull of his lies will devour him as especially people die from his hoax of a Covid-19 stance. He is now moving toward accepting the reality of the viral invasion on our shores but the time lost at the beginning when we could have mounted a much more successful defense is gone. So what we are left with is catching up to the infection and then trying to stabilize it. There will be many deaths before that happens and most all of them will to be found to have been preventable had we had a president who was more concerned about the well being of his fellow citizens than he was about his own election reappointment.

No comments: