Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Religious figures are not exempt from criminal prosecution (#3484)

     Same goes for trumps, they break the law they pay the price. No one is above the law in a democracy. We who are of an objective thought process have known for decades that religious figures have been violating children in heinous ways but we have been unable to find the wherewithal to make them stop. Somehow the religious power that has historically been given to churches has allowed them to supersede common law practice. Well enough of that and all must pay for crimes, even including government officials. There is no dispensation in the law for churches and never should have been in the past.
     Belief system adherents are not special, they are no more unique than those of us who find no relevance in holding a belief system when we have logic and common sense. That is what my gut tells me and my gut always steers me toward enlightenment. So the practice of letting church officials get away with harming children or any others through physical or mental force is an abomination in itself. It defies that idea that a belief system is a good system. Morality is supposed to be at the center of belief systems right next to ethical behavior yet neither are practiced with any regularity in many religious institutions.
     I find that having my spiritual life is not any different than my natural life. I see us as all connected but without much definition as to what that actually means. That is okay though since I don't need to know exactly why just that it is so. Within that connection I find that all things within reality are here for us to discover and care about together. We are all part of what makes reality and me or anyone trying to define it within a specific scope is just limiting what we are and the first sign that someone or something is trying to take from us all that we are and/or would otherwise be.

No comments: