Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Troubleshooting life (#3498)

     It never fails, it being some unexpected obstacle interrupting my attempt at peace and serenity. I really do try to accomplish my normal tasks in anticipation of any seen problem but it is the unseen problems that keep knocking at my metaphorical door. So like is usually the case l focus my energies into resolving these unforeseen problems as quickly as I can. Because what I have learned is that unexpected problems can expand into much worse if left to themselves for any short or long period of time. So as quickly as I can I close them out.
     I don't look for blame or excuse, just solution. Because that is the nature of the unexpected. Life happens and then we must react to it. I do get to occasionally enjoy peace and serenity, which is why I am always working toward it. I have had my best days in the sun chasing the nearly impossible with all my youthful hubristic vigor but now my life is in the early stages of winding down so the quiet reflection and quiet stillness of my surroundings have captured my attentions.
     But this is life and all its whirligigs so as much as l seek to rest and quietly maintain my golden years life has other plans it seems. I am not complaining as such but just describing my often futile attempts to exempt myself from lifes constant nature of change. I will resolve the latest obstacle at my feet and then catch my breath and hope the next unexpected obstacle is further than closer. There is always a sense of relief after accomplishing these unexpected missions but the relief isn't much compared to the peace and serenity l had hoped to be experiencing instead.

No comments: