Saturday, July 21, 2018

I didn't play life safe (#3459)

     I am surprised that I have lived beyond my expectations. I say this because growing up I didn't take the easy road of life. I played hard and worked at hard jobs during the span of my life. I have put myself in so many dangerous situations even those without forethought. My life has been full of adventure and unbending free will. Yet I am older now and prone to being more careful about every movement each day than I did in a month of living in the past. No longer am I the carefree soul who felt no need to bind myself to anything of value. I lived on the breeze and for me it was enough.
     I sit here this morning remembering the past like it was a movie of excitement with packed action. I don't know why I couldn't settle down and father a family but it obviously wasn't what I wanted. Because I would have made it happen if it were so. There is the love thing that needed to be there for both of us so that may well have been the overriding reason for me not settling down. Yet, in my soul I hadn't felt the allure of having my own family for most of my life. Life itself was enough to keep me entertained and convicted to doing my own thing. It is strange for me to be writing this but as is the case each day, I write what is on my mind.
     Back to me still being alive. I am alive and in fact not so unhealthy that I couldn't at least make another decade. I have been wounded in my soul over trump being installed into our presidency but despite the wound I will recover after we have neutered him and then sent him packing. My energy is still constant although tempered by age. I don't have that gusto for life like I did in my earlier years but my resolve is as it should be. As hard as I lived and played I am lucky I am still around. It may have something to do with the other times in my life that I dedicated myself to knowledge and enlightenment. I also have much care for our species as well as the other species that inhabit our planet. I would not recommend my life template to anyone because it was all mine and we each need to find our own way.

No comments: