Saturday, July 14, 2018

I don't affiliate with anything that is less than my values (#3452)

     I get that I can't always have what I want so I do compromise within my values to make sure I get something for all of us but when I am given the choice of compromise that is without honorable value, I disassociate. I will not be in an association or group that has not my values at it's heart. Much like the republican party of today. I have never been a republican but I have family and friends who are and if they still today cannot justify to themselves and me that the republican party doesn't represent them anymore and will not leave, then I leave them. I don't care who or what they are to me they no longer exist if they cannot keep a base of personal value that reflects what is best about us.
     This loyalty thing that most seem to be unable to detach is mind boggling. The one that most troubles me is the one where they use the argument that " we have always voted republican and so have our family". Well my family growing up always voted for democrats but if democrats had become a party of racists, misogynists and likely traitors I would disavow them in a New York second. I have no loyalty to a party that does not represent what is best about us. I would never be part of a group that has so much hate in it as to be only about hate. In fact I wouldn't allow myself to be part of any group that had less to do about helping and more to do about taking. My heart is a good one and I won't let any association make my heart sick no matter how loyal I had been in the past.
     Sometimes I think their loyalty to the pernicious republican party is more about habit than it is about agreeing with their policies. We Americans are lazy and dumb so much of the time that we are not good examples of wisdom and caring. So we fall into habits that make us feel the illusion of being smart and confident when all the while we are taking shortcuts by following the tune of some pied pipers. Instead of helping the disadvantaged, and I mean disadvantaged, we throw money at charities instead of rolling up our sleeves and getting directly involved. We are so much above the dirty masses that we by our own ignorance and uncaring help plenty to create. We Americans can do so much better and the world is wondering why we don't.

No comments: