Saturday, April 27, 2019

Hope is a powerful emotion (#3739)

     I hadn't thought of hope as an emotion before I came to the realization that it is a the last possibility before having to accept that everything is what it is, or will be. I can only describe hope as a calm and peaceful place where all other emotions are muted. Without hope the other emotions would run roughshod over me as they came to be. But with hope I have a safe harbor from the whirligig, either extreme good or bad, of emotional events. For the most part my hope is what stays the worst of expectations while giving me reasons to move forward. I suppose we all need some type of crutch in our lives to help us along in our lives and it is hope that is mine.
     Being that I am much more an optimist than a pessimist it helps that with all the disappointment that has come of late that my hope is being tested on a daily basis. Separating out the significant needs for hope in my life from the insignificant ones is acutely important at the moment. However it seems that all the disappointments lately are either indirectly or directly related to suffering, pain, and death that is a choice by those republicans who govern. But even as such my personal life has its own touches with hardships and cruelty that are of no one's particular fault, yet part of our manufactured existence. My humanness is directly related to how we treat each other and how better we can do that.
     Yet as life moves on it is becoming quite apparent that improving life for all is not an agenda item of priority. For many of us democrats it is but for the cheating, lying, stealing republicans it isn't and they seem to have the political sway at the moment. There isn't a lot I can do in my own life that would change the overall direction all of life should take but I am not without hope that it can be done when the many of us band together to make it so. I also have hope for my missing cat that he will show up again after I thought he was gone forever. Yet I know it is unlikely and I am probably just staving off the pain of his loss because against all odds I hope he can somehow make it back to me.

No comments: