Monday, April 29, 2019

Why I am a democrat and always will be (#3741)

     Because I care about more than myself. It really is that simple. Sure I matter in the big picture but I am not the driving force for the thoughts and actions I have and make. Honorable and noble ideals, and equality, are the driving force behind every breath I take. Because all animate beings and inanimate objects are a gift to us. As any gift I take good care of it because no one owed it to me or made me worthy beyond anyone else. I am just a humble man who respects the ideas, innovations I have been given to learn from the labors of those who have gone on before me. I am the continuation of the will to discover that so many of our species through time and space have exhibited.
     But what is most telling about why I care is that my emotion is strong through my heart. I am/was a strong physical man but the strength of my emotion through my heart is much more fit. So when I see another example of how we humans intentionally hurt one another for reasons based upon greed, lust, etcetera... I am again shuddered by its outcome. Life is hard enough to navigate without we humans making it harder just for our own selfish reasons. That appalls me! I understand and fall in line with the concept that we need to have guidelines in our society so that it functions for all but when it doesn't and is purposely abused for private gain I pivot and call it out with a fury.
     In the history of our American society it has been the republican party that has the most egregious violations of equality and fairness toward our civilization on whole. There is no contest between who chooses to violate democratic principles and those who choose to uphold them. We democrats are always battling to bring republicans back within the societal guidelines and republicans are always trying to find new ways of skirting our necessary guidelines. We democrats, like me, have an emotional attachment to stop harm where it doesn't belong and that fits with our idealism of caring about more than just ourselves. Yet you won't find few if any republicans who care about more than themselves and their care for others is infinitesimal.

No comments: