Sunday, April 28, 2019

The second advent of the "dark ages" (#3740)

     I guess once wasn't enough. Yet not surprisingly since those who fail to learn our history are doomed to repeat it, paraphrased. We see the growth of the religious crusades right in front of us with governments around the world executing those who are not in line with religious dogmatic ritual and the rise of persecutions among differing religious cults. Why anyone who has an inkling of intelligence would lay their knowledge down and follow the archaic myths of antiquity is mind boggling to me. Yet as a clue I see their fear and why they are afraid of the future more than they are of the past. It has a lot to do with being courageous or being coward like.
     These are just words to describe the reality of our times and are not intended to brand anyone. But if the words fit the narrative of our reality then we must accept them as true. I am not one of those who sees his fear in the morning mirror. I am one who has no time for past mistakes or unreal expectations. I am still the bold child of my youth who when confronted with the ills of our society chose to fight against them and nothing in my aging has changed. I do not accept the myths, mores, and superstitions that keep our populations tamed and cowered. I am an explorer at heart and the universe is my aim so nothing of antiquity has any place in my life when it comes to challenging logic and common sense.
     Yet I am of the minority it seems because too many are intertwined with the dogmas of the past to be part of the wonder of the future. So back we go to a time when the heretics are burned at the stake and the wicked by religion are beheaded for being alive. The control of our species is upon us and the direction of republicans and conservatives world wide is to maintain control by denying our right to individualism as sorcery. What the future holds on this battle for the soul of our species is yet to be determined but that there is even a battle for our souls reckons that we are no further along in our destiny to explore the universe than we are at breaking free from the repression of religious tactics.

No comments: