Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The pettiness of greed (#3336)

     This is what happens to most of the wealthy. They get wealthy and then a lust for more consumes them. I will say it again, there is only so much wealth for all of us to divide. If the wealthy keep taking the lion's share of it then there is little to none left for those of us whom most the wealthy care nothing for. It is why we have poverty and the largest gap in income inequality in history, https://www.thebalance.com/income-inequality-in-america-3306190. It isn't enough for the wealthy to live comfortably they need to live obscenely. Meanwhile famine, war and poverty continue to plague the world, due to a lack of income opportunity. It is beyond me that those many wealthy can make themselves immune to the plight of our fellow human travelers. It is also a stain on our claim to be human.
     We cannot as a species pride ourselves in our intellectual and moral gravity when our actions contradict those very principles. The do as I do as opposed to the do as I say is at fault. One cannot claim to be moral and just when one does not hold oneself to those very ideals. A cognitive dissonance is chosen to alleviate the guilt these wealthy would normally feel for betraying not only their own moral and ethical codes but the devastation their greed has inflicted on everyone else. There is only so much resource and again if the wealthy are grabbing most all of it and then hoarding it the rest of us have little chance of earning some of that resource to fulfill our dreams.
     Apparently the many wealthy don't care about the rest of us so we should do them the courtesy of doing the same to them. I know this much, when someone works to hurt or not help me I don't do them any solid either. I save doing a solid for those who actually are deserving of my care. So why do we keep helping the wealthy when they will only hurt us back? Stockholm Syndrome much? I do not respect wealth when it is used to harm. I actually despise wealth for doing that and all of us should as well. I don't care to be wealthy myself but I do care to be somewhat sufficient in life. But even that sufficiency is more a dream now instead of a reality because the wealthy and their republican puppets will not relent in keeping the wealthy as the only entity deserving of any general income growth.

No comments: