Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Eliminating poverty will cure most our societal ills (#3658)

     I know what happiness is. For me, most of my life it had been fleeting. A decent wage for hard work. Everyday coming home from work dog tired sweaty and dirty I still had the problem of how to make my life outside work actually work. How could I get the money I needed to pay for the rent, no hope of ownership until much later in life a wonderful opportunity materialized, utilities, transportation, food etc... The reason was because for 10's of millions of souls like me we work(ed) in the trades, manufacturing and retail of our American economy. With these occupations there is little wage growth, not even keeping up with inflation, so harder we must work just to stay even with what the cost of necessary living things are as they continually rise in price.
     It is tough going to work out of fear that all would be lost if our job went away. It is unthinkable that the powers that be find the tool of fear as their solution to keeping a devoted job pool. Instead of attracting workers because of their willingness to share, in some part at least, the profits with all whom help create those profits, they actually try to not only keep all the profits for themselves but to keep our wages low so that the worker pool has no choice but to accept their low wages. The idea that capitalism is greater to them than the democracy that allows it is insanely greedy. Which is why I found it difficult to experience happiness. No matter how hard I tried to be a great example of teamwork, they were still playing at selfishness.
     So thinking about how my life played out it is clear to me that low wages were the root cause of my lack of a much more healthy life. If you notice I didn't include health care, vision and dental in my daily worries of things I needed but struggled to pay for it is because health care, dental and vision were luxuries in my mind. That is how terribly basic my life was for me. The idea of getting married and having children was also not even considered since I could barely keep myself going let alone take on the admirable duties of husband and father with the incumbent costs that are associated with nurturing a family unit. Better I stay single in my struggle for happiness and accept my lot in life, which I can easily lay at the feet on the altar of the greedy wealthy in our once shining example of democratic values nation.

No comments: