Saturday, January 25, 2020

Are we too civilized? (#4011)

     We are being destroyed as a society and a nation by the trumps but we are doing very little to stop it. Even our protests are muted with restraint. It is as if the numbing of our sensibilities has left us frozen in time and space. It isn't from fear that we are numbed, it is from incredulity. So we must move on from our dumbfounding and act as if our society and our nation are precious to us. I know that being civilized is the first act before all acts but there comes a point where the loss of the very reality of civility is threatened and we must then move to a paradigm where civilized is only a suggested restraint not an unbreakable absolute.
     I know my breaking point was passed since early evening on November 8th 2016. I knew our nation and our liberties were in jeopardy. Yet even I was numbed to the actual reality of trump and his questionable agenda. Well it didn't take but a few days for that numbing of mine to turn into actual disgust and anger. I have restrained myself in order to let the process of karma and legal procedure to have it's way but it seems that the destructive depth of the trumps and their acolytes knows no floor. So instead of being civilized about my own protests and angers I am mobilizing my own counter to trump's with efforts beyond my normal dissent.
     I am trying mightily to keep my thoughts within the paradigm of civility but it is proving difficult. I am so spitting nails angry at the way our nation is being torn apart by the very factions that America should be instantly against that my need for a solution for an immediate ending of this outrage is growing. I am not promoting any extra judicial response to the trumps but I am seeking all ways of thoughts and actions that prove to be at least partially successful in ending the trumps destruction of our free and open society. Is there some way that we can end this wakeful nightmare and still hold our heads high with pride in succeeding in a political way to nullify trump and his boot licking followers?

No comments: