Monday, January 27, 2020

We must all stop pretending (#4013)

     We are human and as such we are very capable of making mistakes aplenty. So when we do we need to fess up and then improve our condition from the ashes of the mistake. It isn't some "one off" it is what we do on a daily basis if we would just be honest with ourselves. The same with religion. Many of us in our early formative years were captivated by a supreme being and the afterlife religion promised. But as we get older and more aware to reality we see that the early pacifier of religion was just that, a pacifier to get us through our fears. So even with religion we must move on and then accept our role as an amazing living being in an objective world.
     It is okay in that the many of us realize this and are unmasking the shadows in our lives. Like the chapter "Allegory of the Cave" in Plato's Republic, the real world exists and the make believe shadows are the subjects that tie us to the pretending. I have learned to live by making mistakes. I often say that the school of hard knocks is my constant enemy/friend. I have learned over time as well that using logic can help me avoid many hard lessons just by rationalizing the past, present, and future. It is what a learned society should not be afraid to admit.
     I had to learn the hard way so as to know the preciousness of learning the easy way. A comparative narrative as a method to improve. So there is no more pretending in my life. I face the tough decisions with the same approach as I do the simple decision. I don't lie about myself to others nor do I lie to myself about who I am and what I had learned to become before I was in control of my own growth. So facing my inner troubled foundations is my responsibility and then fixing them with the correct foundation is my goal. I have not arrived at being the human I want to be but at least I know that I am trying and won't give up on becoming the person I always thought I would be.

No comments: