Friday, January 10, 2020

Every human being is unique (#3996)

     This didn't take me long to realize. I got to meet some very different types of folks growing up and each one was a revelation to me. I realized my own insignificance when measured with initially how great I thought I was. I have never forgotten this valuable lesson in life. Never assume to be able to walk in anyone else's shoes. I have enough of a hard time just trying to put my own shoes on! Then once I do it is always difficult to walk as I would want myself to walk. This is the force behind my own personal conviction that we need all of us at all times.
     It is impossible to know who just might be the next person to deliver to our society some life saving event or creation. We don't know the value each of us gives to society at any given moment. None of us is able to say who is better than whom so why do we still try? It isn't just prejudice that separates us there is also an ignorance to each of our own capabilities. We let our easily persuaded minds tell us that some are better than others based upon faulty data and incomplete information. It is typically those of us who fail to interact nor educate ourselves about life either generally or specifically that become the prejudice and ignorance that is presently dividing us.
     Ask each individual how valuable their own life is and they will command with defiance a narrative that there is no one on Earth like them self. Yet everyone else in their own defense says the same thing. Why do we believe our own self and not anyone else? Does the inculcating process of our own group not allow the same honor and principle for others? Apparently so since too many cannot move beyond their own inner societal differences. Let me be perfectly clear here. None of us is more perfect, beautiful nor intelligent than any other so stop highlighting the prejudices and ignorance of antiquity when the foundation of our morality didn't have a floor. Get with the firm fact of truth and treat each one the same as each one should be treated, measured by our own idea of how we should be treated.

No comments: