Monday, May 4, 2020

Forgetfulness (#4111)

     Here I am this morning realizing that in all my hustle and bustle of yesterday I forgot to send out a post on my blog. I can tell you that it has happened just a few times over the course of the last 11 plus years but it always brings me down when I realize it. I am no more human than anyone else so making mistakes is part of my daily life yet I do try diligently to make sure I post everyday even when nothing is swirling around in my head for an inspiring conversation. So it seems that like yesterday my mind is less than exhilarating so I will talk about my forgetting.
     It isn't that I actually went all day without thinking about posting yesterday. I did think about it a couple of times when I was busy and tried to remember to sit down and turn some kind of thought into action. But each time I remembered that I hadn't written a post yet, I soon forgot again as I am finding it harder now as I am getting older to keep my order of operations intact. My memory is not what it was at my more youthful stage and even then it wasn't spectacular. Yet the daily posting of this blog is a priority with me and yet still I forget. The many other times I nearly forgot I somehow managed to remember before the daily deadline passed but not this 5th overall time.
     5 misses in over 11 years is not horrible yet it is not great. Every morning I do my same routine and writing the blog post is one of them but occasionally, or rather rarely, I find that interruptions either outside myself or by myself is the culprit. Yesterday I had it in my mind to build 2 screens for windows that were in need of them and started very early to beat the heat. I thought I would have had plenty of time later in the morning to write my blog post but it seems that the further I get from my usual allotted time in the early morning for writing the more susceptible I am to forgetting. Such was the case yesterday and this morning I am full of regret for my comfort overruling my duty to myself and my one little daily ambition.

No comments: