Monday, May 4, 2020

Missed a post, so a makeup one (#4110)

     As is customary for me when I miss posting on a day, the next day I write a makeup post to soothe my disappointed soul. It is strange to me that this blog posting has become like an old friend in that it is so much a part of who I am now. Naturally because I am in each of these posts up to and beyond my neck so missing making a post is personal to me. Like looking in a mirror each morning I find that I get a glimpse of my soul and inner being when I sit and write about whatever subject it is in my head or heart at the time. Yesterday there was no burning subject nor personal experience that was thrust upon me to my bursting so I forgot and let the day slip away without making a post.
     Which in itself is tragic because rarely if at all can I go one whole day without some subject reaching deep within me and ripping at the fiber of my existence. These days with the ignorant and brutal trump spending all his time wreaking havoc over the top of us the excuse not to have some subject for deliberation is inexcusable. Yet like a few days in the past my mind did not take me to my normal and instead slipped into a bubble of irrelevancy. I am ashamed that I allowed such a thing to happen as I am one who is trying always to be vigilant as we keep crawling closer to the next general election. Vigilance is not taking a day off. Vigilance is remaining alert and focused.
     Nothing I did yesterday was as important to me as writing my daily post yet somehow I managed to put that concept on its head. Again I go back to me being human and not as set in my ways as I would like myself to be on principled and honorable actions. Yet when my humanity does bring its inconsistency to my life I can either beat myself up or learn a lesson. If you know me at all it is the lesson I will choose and be grateful for it. Those of us who find that knowledge and information are crucial to our lives also find that making mistakes is less about our inability to be perfect and more about our understanding that we will never be perfect.

No comments: