Wednesday, December 6, 2023

(#5421) I do fight against death but it's eventual coming is inevitable

      You won't see me cry at the end of my life because I fear death because I don't. I know it will happen at some point but it does not scare me. In fact I have accepted the inevitableness of it. Now that is not to say I embrace death as a process but logic in this existence gives no other conclusion. How I look at death, the word is often scary just in itself, is to remind myself that I had to be alive for death to even be a factor. This knowing my life having been lived gives me the strength to accept death on its terms. Whenever that occurs I am satisfied that I have been conscious of the amazing spectacular existence we are born into in this dimension we know.
     I have ideas about what happens after we are dead but they are just hopes for continuing on out of a sense of curiosity. This human life I have now is full of curiosity and I hope that after I die that the curiosity will take another form with me involved in it. More likely I will just cease to exist in any other dimension or existence but at least I can hope. I don't buy into the religious doctrines that tout eternal life for well done deeds and eternal fire of punishment for unwell deeds but maybe something else that is beyond our ability to discern will surprise us after we demise here.
     Either way though if nothing happens after I die I can rest assured now that I appreciated my life and lived a lot of it in that appreciation. So when death comes for me I won't be angry or sad, I will just be ready because I accept that it is the way after we are done living. I wasn't expecting to write about such a morbid subject but there are instances surrounding my life that make it appropriate for me to discuss. Many around me are meeting their final days and for us to not be prepared for them in a honorable way is unseemly. I will always strive to thwart death with every breath I have but when I can no longer do that I am well satisfied that my life has not been without appreciation nor undercut by fear for my ending.

No comments: