Tuesday, December 26, 2023

(#5441) My last week of storage work

      3 more actual days of work left on my calendar in the full time position at UHaul storage. I can say right now that it is a welcome thing to finish up this week and then start a new work schedule back to transfer driving. I am taking a week off to go up north to visit family and friends after January 1st as a reward for being such a hard worker these last 10 months or because I am just tired and need to rest and do something different. :) I am so looking forward at the moment but still I need to finish what I started at storage and then catch my breath. A day of organizing and then I am off on the road like I have done so many times before in my younger days,
     This was not easy for me to plan and prepare for because I have been living on a limited income for quite awhile but working these past 10 months has provided me some cushion to be able to go somewhere different for a bit just to change my perspective and give myself a chance at reacquainting and acquainting with old and new friends. I have no illusions about my trip other than I will bring with me a smile that is genuine. I plan to enjoy every second of my trip even the drive up and back. Having a full size SUV rental will be a treat for starters and assure me of an uninterrupted trip. My vehicle could make it easily but it would need some attentive service first.
     With the 4 wheel drive rental vehicle I will be ready for any weather once I get up north which I would not have with my own vehicle. So transportation is accomplished and as for housing when I get up north a wonderful friend has offered me a guest room for however long I need while I am there. For that I cannot express how fortunate I feel. Good company is my goal and I am starting out with good company from the moment I arrive. I have family and friends that I wish to see again in person and places I wish to revisit and visit for the first time. All I have between me and my leaving plans are 3 days of work which I will be starting again today, Thursday, and ending on Sunday.

No comments: